Mike Wallas is a trusted business angel and successful entrepreneur who has used his own success and experience to develop a unique methodology to help businesses expand.
He was Managing Director of the largest IT distribution operation in Africa with revenues in excess of $400m, and was responsible for over 35 different vendor distribution and alliance agreements.
Mike has more than 22 years’ experience in the International IT industry, medical, mining and a host of other industries. He provides his clients with extensive business strategy, marketing, and channel expertise.
He held senior roles at Hewlett-Packard for nine years and as a senior executive assisted H-P Europe with channel development and strategy for the largest sector of their business.
As a business angel he has been involved in many start-up technology businesses and has added significant value to his companies through his extensive international networks.
He was CEO of Brisbane-based Ephox Corp for three years, a world leader in Java-based content authoring. During his tenure, he drove its growth and development as an international business to a point where it now earns 90% of its revenues overseas. He sought and negotiated strategic agreements with large US Software vendors such as Vignette, Filenet, Kana, IBM and many others. He assisted with the raising of angel funding in excess of $1million, and drove the venture capital raising plans for the company, both in Australia and USA.
As an advisor to a number of other businesses, Mike primarily focuses on international expansion, channel development and strategic alliances. In addition he serves on the advisory boards of a number of growing businesses in Australia.
He is also on the advisory Board of iLab, a mentor in the Queensland State Development program, and has been a senior judge for the Asia Pacific IT Awards.
Mike is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and holds a number of Non-Executive Board positions.
Mike’s achievements and current roles include:
- Non-Executive Director of DPSA Holdings Pty Ltd, one of the fastest growing companies in the mining sector in Australia
- Non-Executive Director Flaik Inc (USA) – Flaik is a GPS tracking solutions business that has developed world leading solutions for the skiing industry.Flaik has launched successfully in North America and has 9 major ski resorts using the solutions this year.
- Non-Executive Director City Fertility Centre – CFC is the largest independently owned IVF business in Australia and offers state-of-the-art fertility treatment in a confidential, compassionate and supportive environment. CFC has professional clinics across Queensland and Victoria.
- Advisory Board at iLab incubator – I.lab was established by the Queensland Government in 2000 as part of its Smart State strategy to encourage investment and create knowledge-based jobs in Queensland. It nurtures start-up technology businesses to facilitate the development of high technology industries in Queensland.
- Speaker at the World Congress on IT (WCIT) in Adelaide 2002 – The World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) is a biennial meeting attracting leading ICT (Information and Communication Technology) executives, academics and researchers, government officials and policy makers from all over the world, whose interaction and decisions shape the global future of the ICT industry.
- Judge for the FIG program run by Achaeus – Achaeus in conjunction with Queensland Government delivers the cutting-edge Financing IT Growth (FIG) Program to assist IT companies prepare for fast growth and raise investment capital.